Do you struggle with technology? Are you interested in self-publishing a book, but fear it is beyond your capabilities? Are you looking for information specifically for Canadians? ‘THE AUTHOR’S GUIDE TO SELF-PUBLISHING FOR CANADIANS‘ Book is your solution.
When confronted with the confusing, multifaceted world of publishing, many authors make the assumption they aren’t capable of self-publishing – nothing could be further from the truth!
Sadly, many authors get taken advantage of by unscrupulous “self-publishing” companies because they don’t really understand the process of publishing a book and therefore, what they are purchasing.
Learn how to get your book out to the Canadian markets
Barb Drozdowich has worked with non-technical authors for years & understands how to break complex topics down using non-technical language. She has self-published 16 books and understands all of the various iterations of publishing. She can cut through all the technobabble & teach you what you need to know to successfully self-publish your book.
Here’s some of the topics you will learn from in The Author’s Guide To Self-Publishing For Canadians:
- You will learn about editing and how to find an editor
- You will learn about ISBNs and where to get free ISBNs
- You will learn about formatting and book structure
- You will learn about where you can sell your book, how to set up the various retailer accounts and how to get paid
- You will learn about book files and book structure
- You will learn what real numbers tell us about book sales
- You will learn what to look for in a self-publishing company if that is the route you choose to go
- You will have access to a huge appendix filled with helpful material, complete with a glossary, articles for further reading, lists of helpful videos, lists of distributors and much more
“The Author’s Guide to Self-Publishing for Canadians” is perfect for authors who have finished a wonderfully creative story, but are intimidated by the next steps and are looking for specific Canadian information. Is an editor really needed? How to create a book cover. What the heck are “file types?” How to move forward when you are neither a master of Microsoft Word or capable of understanding some of the complicated instructions found on-line.
Self-publishing is much more straight-forward than many experts would lead you to believe and Barb is the perfect person to explain it to you.
Her books have been described as: “down-to-earth, practical & just thorough-enough explanations,” “excellent primer,” and “well thought out and well organized.”
Don’t let your struggles with technology hold you back from self-publishing. Let Barb help you to learn the language and move forward into the self-publishing world with confidence.
An in-depth, perfect guide for every beginning author – a must read!
~Mimi Barbour, USA Today & NY Times Bestselling Author
For a list of all retailers where The Author’s Guide to Self-publishing for Canadians is available, click here