How to Self-Publish a Book: For the Technology Challenged Author
Do you struggle with technology? Are you interested in self-publishing a book, but fear it is beyond your capabilities?
When confronted with the confusing, multifaceted world of publishing, many authors make the assumption they aren’t capable of self-publishing – nothing could be further from the truth!
Sadly, many authors get taken advantage of by unscrupulous “self-publishing” companies because they don’t really understand the process of publishing a book and therefore, what they are purchasing.
Barb Drozdowich has worked with non-technical authors for years & understands how to break complex topics down using non-technical language. She has self-published 16 books and understands all of the various iterations of publishing. She can cut through all the technobabble & teach you what you need to know to successfully self-publish your book.
Here’s some of the topics you will learn from The How to Self-Publish a Book:
- You will learn about editing and how to find an editor
- You will learn about ISBNs and where to get one appropriate for your nationality
- You will learn about formatting and book structure
- You will learn about where you can sell your book, how to set up the various retailer accounts and how to get paid
- You will learn about book files and book structure
- You will learn what real numbers tell us about book sales
- You will learn what to look for in a self-publishing company if that is the route you choose to go
- You will have access to 47 pages of appendix material, complete with a glossary, articles for further reading, lists of helpful videos, lists of distributors and much more
“How to Self-Publish a Book” is perfect for authors who have finished a wonderfully creative story, but are intimidated by the next steps. Is an editor really needed? How to create a book cover. What the heck are “file types?” How to move forward when you are neither a master of Microsoft Word or capable of understanding some of the complicated instructions found on-line.
Self-publishing is much more straight-forward than many experts would lead you to believe and Barb is the perfect person to explain it to you.
Her books have been described as: “down-to-earth, practical & just thorough-enough explanations,” “excellent primer,” and “well thought out and well organized.”
Don’t let your struggles with technology hold you back from self-publishing. Let Barb help you to learn the language and move forward into the self-publishing world with confidence.
Pick up a copy today!
For a list of all retailers where How to Self-Publish a Book is available, click here
I can’t believe how much information is in this book! I was expecting a basic overview of how to stick a book up on Amazon and not much else, so I was shocked to see just how much of the process this book covers. It starts out with some basic terminology used in the book world and then builds on that by describing the physical anatomy of a book. The author then continues on to describe how to actually write and prepare a professional manuscript before even starting to get into the publishing aspect of things.Jane
This is a very thorough, detailed resource that is a must-have for anyone considering self-publishing a book. The basic information provided in the beginning sections and the appendices alone would be more than worth the cover price. I highly recommend this book.